“Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your pat.”
Hello! I’m Dr. Sourena Haj
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
I am a licensed clinical psychologist (PSY33230) that provides therapy to adolescents, adults, families and couples in Santa Monica, California.
- I received my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Biology from University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I earned my Masters (MA) and Doctorate (PhD) in Clinical Psychology from The California School of Professional University at Alliant International University.
Consulting and Teaching
- My other passion of mine is providing consultation, supervision, and teaching undergraduate and graduate students. I have taught at various colleges and universities. Currently, I am a faculty member at USC for the department of Psychology.
Publications and Professional Conference Presentations
- Lynch, D. E., Yeoman, L. M., Haj-Mohamadi, S., & Sparangis, T. (2018, December). Dramatic arts pedagogy and online learning: Potential tool for learning in a knowledge society. Education in the Knowledge Society, 19(4), 69-80.
- Nagata, R., Calhoun J., Kwok, D., Scharfrik, J., Haj-Mohamadi, S., Terao, R., & Tobey, P. (2017, October). Enhancing the success of college students with ADHD, LD, and ASD. Poster presented at Occupational Therapy Association of California, Sacramento, CA.
- Haj-Mohamadi, S. (2016, July). Ready for marriage? How Iranian college students view mate selection. Poster presented at American Psychological Association-Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity and Race Research Conference, Palo Alto, CA.
- Alston, A., Bollinger, J., England, L., & Haj-Mohamadi, S. (2010, May). Do people judge you by your name? Halo effect: The influence of a global evaluation. Poster presented at the UNCG Undergraduate Poster Session, Greensboro, NC.
Consultation, Workshops, Seminars, and Lectures
- If you would like to request a talk, workshop, consult, or sensitivity reading related to inclusive pedagogy or action teaching and can compensate me for my expertise: Please give me as many details as you can about your request (e.g., the nature of the task, timeline, honoraria, etc.) via email. I will get back to you as soon as I’m able to given that I can fit your request into my schedule.